From October 2020, I am an Assistant professor at the Faculty of Engineering and Science of Adolfo Ibañez University (Viña del Mar, Chile). Previously, I was a Postdoctoral research associate at the Gatsby Unit, working with Arthur Gretton. I joined the Gatsby Unit in 2018 as a Biometrika Postdoctoral Fellow. In 2018, I obtained my DPhil in Statistics at the University of Oxford, under the supervision of Yee Whye Teh. My research interests concern theory, methodology and applications of kernel methods.
- Non-parametric methods,
- Kernel methods,
- Survival analysis, and
- Bayesian statistics
- t.a.fernandez at uai dot cl
- t.a.fernandez.aguilar at gmail dot com
News & Preprints
- A general framework for the analysis of kernel-based tests with Nicolas Rivera, 2022. (link to preprint).
- A Multiple kernel testing procedure for non-proportional hazards in factorial designs. with Marc Ditzhaus and Nicolas Rivera, 2022 (link to preprint).
- Composite goodness-of-fit tests with kernels. with Oscar Key, FX Briol and Arthur Gretton, 2022 (link to preprint).
- A kernel test for quasi-independence. with Wenkai Xu, Marc Ditzhaus and Arthur Gretton. Spotlight Neurips 2020 (link to paper).
- Kernelized Stein discrepancy tests of goodness-of-fit for time-to-event data. with Wenkai Xu, Nicolas Rivera and Arthur Gretton. ICML 2020. (link to paper)
- A maximum-mean-discrepancy goodness-of-fit test for censored data. with Arthur Gretton. AISTATS 2019.
(link to paper)
- Gaussian Processes for Survival Analysis. with Nicolas Rivera and Yee Whye Teh. Neurips 2016. (link to paper)
A kernel log-rank test of independence for right censored data. with Arthur Gretton, David Rindt and Dino Sejdinovic (2020). Journal of the American Statistical Association, 1-12, 2021. (link to paper)
A reproducing kernel Hilbert space log-rank test for the two-sample problem. with Nicolas Rivera. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics 48 (4), 1384-1432, 2020. (link to paper)
Kaplan Meier V- and U-statistics. with Nicolas Rivera. Electronic Journal of Statistics, 14(1):1872–1916, 2020. (link to paper)
- Posterior consistency for a non-parametric survival model under a Gaussian process prior. with Yee Whye Teh 2017. (link to report)